Friday, November 11, 2016

Results Tonight

Friends, I hope this day sees you all well.

This week has been (and continues to be) pretty stressful, both on a personal and nation-wide level, and I couldn't find the time until yesterday evening to start writing the reviews. I sprained my ankle right before I was going to, and couldn't keep my eyes open long after that in order to work! 

Long story short: Apologies for the postponement, but I injured myself! The results will be coming up tonight.



Though we usually try not to bring the world's events into this space, I feel I need to make a note about the tensions rising in America. Things are getting violent between everybody. People are getting harassed and assaulted. People are terrified. I have a friend whose family is scared to leave their house, and another who needs to walk with her friends to school to keep them safe. Please read this post on how to help someone who's being harassed and share it with everyone you know. Please be kind to people, and encourage others to be kind. Please speak up or step in when you see violence, harassment, and hate; do whatever you can to keep yourself and those you know--and even those you don't know--safe. Please educate yourself on what's going on in this nation. We need good, educated people more than ever. 

Dare to be a force for good. 
Dare to stand alone. 
Dare to have a purpose firm. 
Dare to make it known.

Stay safe, everybody. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this. I've been trying to find a way to deal with this week. Random acts of kindness wherever I can to whoever I can, without exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to say so sorry you've sprained your ankle. Feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet <3 Just trying to finish up tonight's homework and then I can finally work on those reviews haha
      http://i.imgur.com/AdiBPrO.jpg

      Delete
  3. I think it's honorable that you used your platform to encourage goodness. Be well.

    ReplyDelete